14 December 2005

is soup really good food?

I think I'm losing my mind this time I think I'm losing my mind -- The Beastie Boys

First, may I allow my little friend to say "hello"...


Now that I got that out of the way, I may continue...

Emerging Pime

Sometimes I wonder. I wonder why I am here and what my purpose is. Is it to consume? Is it to win? Is it to hoard as many toys as possible? No, I think not.

My mind is always filled with questions. Like, how the hell do I stumble upon odd websites like this and why do people speak like motards? (motard is my new favorite word thanks to the intelligent readers of Protein Wisdom who called us defeatists motards). I digress...

I've been reading this book called Teachings of the Buddha. The similarity between Buddhism--especially the Zen style--and postmodernism is striking. Maybe that's why I dig it. It's all in your mind. Like so...

We are what we think
All that we are arises with our thoughts
With our thoughts we make the world

Buddha clearly took sides in the idealism vs. materialism debate a full 2,300 years before it culminated. And he sided with the mind. So there you are. Fuck Marx and his material conditions; all he got us was totalitarianism, dead Cambodians and some old Cuban guy who's on his last leg.

You will all fear the hook.

(If any of you understood 10% of what I wrote above, then you deserve an ice cream sundae. If you know me personally I will buy you one)

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP