04 January 2006

another year

Paging Doctor Octagon...

I just returned from a walk and I was thinking...

2005 was some year. It might have been a good year for atheism.

Mi esposa and I celebrated the New Year at the humble abode of three dedicated bloggers: The Chemist, Rob The Dirty Liberal, and The Anti-Corporate Patriot. My evening was topped off nicely by some tasty Firestone Walker's Reserve and a loud-ass firecracker courtesy of AC Patriot.

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions. Why make a resolution that I know I'll violate within three weeks of the New Year. I prefer to set a few broad goals.

  1. Walk the bitch everyday for at least two miles. Not only will that relieve her energy but it will also help me drop the ten pounds I need to lose.
  2. Read at least 26 books in the year, 2 books per month.
  3. Get into some new music (this means YOU readers...educate me about new, cool music!)
  4. Appreciate my surroundings and love the people around me.

The theme of 2006 will be learning. Right now I am a sponge. I want to soak up as much liquid knowledge as possible. No, I don't want to be a boring walking encyclopedia, far from it--I want to study ideas and concepts--to seek understanding as opposed to pure knowledge. I want to transcend the superficial and experience the real. I want to escape the clutches of artificial bureacratic society in search of a genuine mindset of freedom.

Ok, I admit that the last cognitive/philosophical part will be difficult to achieve in just one year. Hell, that will take my entire life. But that is what the journey is all about...

With any luck I'll be starting Graduate School this coming fall, so the learning process should be deeply enhanced by the end of the year.

Happy New Year to all!

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP