08 February 2006

The feeling comes and goes. It is a semi-intense feeling of dread that lasts about two minutes. Then it passes. It’s odd. The feeling is one of uncertainty. Then I am calm again. I remind myself that life is good despite its randomness and utter absurdity.

(It's just paranoia. It's perfectly natural)

It’s not an existential crisis. I stopped worrying about philosophical-ontological problems several years ago. I realized there was no point to my questioning. Who cares whether or not life has a purpose. Who cares if there is or is not a god. I have learned to live for the sake of living.

My goal is to learn, then unlearn, then learn again. Build it up, then break it down, then build it back up again.

. . .

This odd meditation into all things absurd is my way of reflecting on this film, which is highly enjoyable. I read the book in a high school science fiction class. Sam Rockwell plays a very Clintonesque president of the galaxy and Mos Def is great as the cool space traveler Ford Prefect.

Another good lesson learned from the film (besides the fact that the universe has no meaning and that the creation of the universe is widely held to be the worst decision ever made in history) is this: resistance is useless!

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP