28 April 2006

josé can you see...

I just don't get this.

Conservatives are angry because some Latin pop stars decided to record the Star-Spangled Banner en Español? Seems like some people will find any excuse to feign outrage upon the world.

Tell me how singing about a battle fought against the British in 1814 in a language other than English will somehow destroy the moral fiber of our WASP nation. You know, I think it would do everyone some good to hear this tune sung well for a change. It's butchered everyday at sporting events by drunken idiots. So let's give these pop stars a chance. You might be surprised.

UPDATE: Check out this comment thread for an example of someone who hates "Mexicans" who want to "live like us and want to sing our anthem".

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP