29 July 2006

my day in the home of the homeless

I was up in Santa Monica today visiting my father-in-law. We decided to go watch Al Gore's opus An Inconvenient Truth. It was well done, a bit humorous at times, but it mostly preached to the choir. It brought back memories of my atmospheric chemistry class in undergrad where I first learned about the science of global warming.

My brother-in-law Jacobo and I were in line to buy tickets at the 2nd street Laemmle Theater when I noticed a tall, skinny guy wearing dark glasses and a motorcycle helmet approach the back of line.

"Is that Keanu Reeves", I asked Jacobo. "Yeah, I think it is", he said. The guy then removed his glasses and helmet, and I could clearly discern that he was in fact Keanu Reeves. No one bothered him. He was with a woman. I guess Santa Monicans are used to seeing celebrities and prefer to leave them alone. Jacobo and I wondered if he came to the theater to view his own film A Scanner Darkly. But he walked into the screening of Little Miss Sunshine. He looks like a cool guy, too bad he's such a shitty actor.

As I said, Gore's film was classy, and it made me wonder what the past five and a half years would have been like with him as president. What was even more striking was this preview for The US vs. John Lennon.

Watch the trailer and then note the scene of President Nixon talking about "South Vietnamese forces". Then think Iraq. Deja vu, huh?

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP