14 April 2007

how i learned to stop worrying and love the spectacle

Acceptance is a bitch. Yeah, fuck you Siddhartha.

Yesterday morning I woke to the sound of my alarm at the usual 5:20 am. For a brief moment my heart was filled with excitement - today was Saturday! And I just had this bizarre dream where David Beckham was teaching me how to execute a bending free kick. But as I came to I realized it was Friday and there was one more day left of mind-numbing grey collar employment...

My blogging schedule has been a little whack ever since AcmeIndustriesTM issued their moritorium on blogging two weeks ago. This policy, handed down from the Merovingians, restricts yours truly from posting blog entries and comments from mi lugar del trabajo - hence the late night and weekend blogging on my part. Maybe someday this policy will expire when los brainiacs incinerate the intertubes. But for now my natural propensity for paranoia dictates that I should not violate the policy since deep down I know there is a scanner watching me.

. . .

Recently, some of my favorite bloggers have been re-evaluating their trade in light of current events. This inevitable Whiggish progression towards expanding iron cage bureacracy and cultural mind control - what I've termed Operation Enduring Hegemony - can wear on one's sanity. That's probably why I've retreated from the shitstorm of the 24-hr news cycle into my happy world of joga bonito. I've become numb to most things these days. Maybe I've gotten to the point where I just don't care. Maybe it's because I'm very busy right now with work and two graduate school classes. Who knows.

What I'm trying to say is that I love you and I love the world, no matter how fucked up it is. At some point my inner being just says: "accept this motherfucker". It's the realization that I can see the truth and honesty in these words and appreciate the beauty of decay. It's also the realization that I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about and that I should probably stop now. The late, great Kurt Vonnegut put it best saying: "So it goes". Yes, so it goes...

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP