15 November 2007

shakira vs. danzig



Some people wonder why I like Shakira. No, it's not because her hips are infallible - ok, that's not the only reason. I admit her English-language material is pretty bad - it's pure pop crap submitted to the Billboard charts for approval. And that shite is probably all you've been exposed to. Plus, her accent when singing in English is nasily and atrocious. Just imagine your favorite artist singing his or her songs in a foreign language - it wouldn't sound that great.

That said, some tracks on Fijacion Oral, vol. 1 - her Spanish-language release from 2005 - are heavenly. Ok, enough drooling over the works of this half-Lebanese, half-Colombian chanteuse...

P.S. ... umm, Glenn?... Doritos are not Spanish...and antipasto is Italian!

(via How to Avoid the Bummer Life)

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP