16 December 2007

when did radiohead become "indie rock"?

According to Stereogum, Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke is the #6 "Indie Rock Hottie of 2007". The ludicrous nature of such list notwithstanding, how does one encapsulate Radiohead into one style, let alone peg them as "indie"?

Their first two albums were solidly Britpop. Ok Computer was just fucking amazing. Then they went into interstellar overdrive and charted their own path through the modern-electro-ambient-lofi-revolutionary musical landscape.

But I'll give the Gummies this - their list of female "Indie Rock Hotties" is on the mark. Numero uno es Leslie Feist. This is well deserved.

For a more substantial list check out their Best Albums of 2007.

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP