03 February 2008

at least paul mccartney won't be crooning this year

Like BAM-skip-a-tap young Eli shouts down the line and oh me oh my it's a beautiful thing to behold out in rusty Arizona twilight where American ghosts have come to die and be born again in a land of ten thousandzilliontrillion dry summers nursing the prickles on a cactus's back. Don't sing to me about patriots, old man, because iftheretrulyis agoddamnflagatall it was wrought from what we did not what we said and young Eli knows it without knowing and says it without speaking down on that dusky field all brown and bright green with blueclad muscled lineboys gone berserk and fierce A-FWOP-youaintseennothinyetoldman-CRACK-POP.

Watch while those hard-raised salt-of-this-or-any-other-earth calloused hands uphold what became more than a youngman's idea. Watch them put down those others, oh America, those slinkingshirking fallen boys who for sixty true minutes (may the Blue God bless you one and all) are no kind of patriot I'd ever dream.

Would a man be baptized in all that?

You're goddamn right.

Prediction: Giants35 and a dance in goldendusk

That's Jack Kerouac's take on today's Super Duper Fragilistic Expialidocious Bowl from a clever McSweeney piece titled Famous Authors Predict the Winner of Super Bowl XLII.

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP