06 June 2006

medicalization of anger

anger is an energy, so they say. but did you know that you are not responsible for your anger? that all too common feeling of road rage is out of your control because it is now a bonafide medical condition which doctors term intermittent explosive disorder:

"People think it's bad behavior and that you just need an attitude adjustment, but what they don't know ... is that there's a biology and cognitive science to this," said Dr. Emil Coccaro, chairman of psychiatry at the University of Chicago's medical school.

the next time I'm driving my car and feeling a little stressed I'll have no qualms about driving on the sidewalk to avoid traffic. who cares if I wipe out a few pedestrians in the process, I'm not rationally in control, I'll tell the jury that it was my neurons' fault...voila! culpability vanishes in an instant!

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP