27 July 2006

reality is the first casualty of war

when I was in ROTC during my freshman year of high school (yes, me, in ROTC...maybe that explains my antipathy toward authority?) I learned an important lesson: never assume.

during marching practice our drill sergeant taught us not to assume what command he would give next but rather wait and listen to his actual command before acting. that lesson, and getting to watch a video called Sexpionage, are the only two things worthwhile from my one year stint in "rotsy" as we called it.

see, it's easy to make assumptions based on surface evidence, especially when confusion is omnipresent in your environment. but dig a little deeper and the whole picture starts to emerge.

divajood puts things into perspective on that now famous pic of two Israeli girls signing missiles that will soon be lobbed into Lebanon. lesson learned: don't assume you know everything until you do the research--that means you liberal blogosphere.

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP