16 January 2007

hollywood pats herself on the back

Award show season is here....niiiice!!!



"At the last minute we decided nude wrestling would not go over well on American television..."

Last night I should have been reading about the formation of the middle class in mid to late 19th century Oneida County, New York. However, mi esposa was watching the Golden Globes, and I sheepishly partook in the spectacle.

The award show itself is not bad, although the red carpet pre-show is horrendous. I've never had the urge to physically assault another human being, but when confronted with the entity that is Ryan Seacrest I want to pull a Reagan on him. Seacrest hops around on the red carpet like a giddy school girl hoping to get a piece of any celebrity who happens to cross his path. The usual daft questions are asked: "What are you wearing?", "How do you cope with fame?", and "Did you have fun making [insert television show or movie title here]?". A five-year old could ask more interesting questions.

He was shocked when several actresses told him they cooked their children breakfast in the morning. What?! Famous actresses have children?! They are actually mothers who care for their children?!...Then Brad and Angelina walked down the carpet and Seacrest nearly made an accident in his pants.



Of course you want to know who made the best-dresssed and worst-dressed list. These are the things Americans really care about. Today's Yahoo! front page proves this.

The star of Borat - one of the few movies I saw all year - won the best actor award. That film, along with Little Miss Sunshine and V for Vendetta were my stand-out films for 2006. I need to add Volver, Babel, Last King of Scotland, and Letters from Iwo Jima to my must-see list. Any other suggestions??

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP