28 November 2007

calling the los angeles times

Agi: Hi, I'd like to change my service to Sundays only.

Call center rep no. 1: Ok, sir. May I ask why you want to change your service?

Agi: I don't have time to read the paper. I only want the Sunday edition.

Call center rep no. 1: But did you know that the weekend package [Thursday through Sunday] is the same price as receiving Sunday only?...and the weekend package comes with TV listings, a special Thursday calendar section, arts, entertainment…

Agi: I know. I just want Sunday only.

Call center rep no. 1: Ok, sir. Let me transfer you to an agent who can complete your request.

Agi: Thanks.

[On hold for approximately 1 minute while I wonder whether they are transferring me to Manila or Mumbai]

Call center rep no.2: Hello Sir, how can I assist you?

Agi: Yes, I want to change my service from the weekend package to Sunday only.

Call center rep no.2: May I ask why you want to change your service?

Agi: I already explained that twice to the previous guy.

Call center rep no.2: The weekend package is the same price as receiving the paper Sunday only – and you get many great features.

Agi: Look, I don't have the time to read it. I just want the Sunday edition. I don't care if the weekend package is the same price. I rather save some trees.

Call center rep no. 2: Ok, Sir. Let me process your request.

[A few keyboard clicks on his end and my subscription was changed]

. . .

I'm sure you all have had a similar experience on the telephone. These employees are not trying to be rude nor are they simple-minded individuals. They stubbornly stick to their script in spite of the hurdles thrown in their path. I could have told call center rep no. 2 that receiving the paper on Friday makes me suicidal but he still would have attempted to sell me on the supreme benefits of maintaining my weekend service.

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP