19 November 2007

just wondering

Why is it that practically every time I am grocery-shopping a fellow shopper mistakes me for a store employee and asks me a question?

I swear, this must be the tenth time this has occurred this year. This evening while scanning the bread aisle at Trader Joe's a confused-looking woman approached me and asked, "Why don't you have any sweet potatoes? You only have yams!"

I waited for about five seconds, giving her a nice blank stare and said frankly,

"I don't work here".

The young girl adjacent to me smirked, realizing the error of the older woman's ways. I then carried on filling my cart with delicious Trader Joe's products.

But seriously people, how many grocery store employees push their own shopping carts filled with store items? Every time I am asked a question I am in possession of a semi-full cart. Sure, I used to be a grocery clerk about ten years ago - but that was ten years ago. Perhaps it's because I look "young". And you know, "young" people do those jobs...

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP