30 December 2007

guaranteed to give you nightmares



As you've probably noticed I don't write about politics as much as I once did. Frankly, Operation Enduring Hegemony and Clusterfuck 2008 have bored me as of late. What little political commentary I am still able to churn out now gets featured at the Guys from Area 51. Plus, I've enjoyed taking the Pime in a more personal direction this year. That said, I can't completely eliminate the skullfuckers from this blog, so here's some politics for ya...

Candidates Digging for a Deeper Pool of Iowa Voters

I wonder how deep they will dig. To China, perhaps? And what, pray tell, is floating around in this cess pool of Iowa voters. Who is the elusive demographic du jour? Soccer moms? College kids? NASCAR dads? Tractor-driving oxycontin-addicted Jayhawk fans?

. . .

Last week some close friends of ours came down to visit from Oakland. At dinner one night we were discussing the choices in the quickly approaching election. As is customary in any discussion of presidential candidates, first my wife professed her love for Obama. Then our friend, Oakland gal, explained why she would be voting for Hillary Clinton.

"She's a brand name", Oakland gal said. "It's a safe bet to go with a brand name".

I didn't challenge her on that statement. Frankly, what's the point starting an argument? She's got a point - when it all boils down to Coke vs. Pepsi, why would anyone choose Shasta cola? Picking candidates is like selecting laundry detergent. The only decision is whether or not you want bleach included.

I'll disclose my choice for supreme dictator of the land on February 5 after I vote in the Kahleefonia primary.

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP