27 February 2006

carnival

Last night I returned from the capital of fake America. The crowds and the tobacco smoke were enough to cause a relapse of my cold and sore throat. I'll share more about the experience later...

Before I die I have to visit Rio de Janeiro during Carnival.

Mi esposa and I spent our honeymoon in Rio, and we vowed to return someday. Everything is spectacular in Brazil—the food, the music, the weather, the futbol players, the women, the caiparinias, etc.

Bono played at the carnival in Salvador, Brazil. Say what you want about the U2 frontman, but at least he knows where a good party is. The celebrations in Salvador are more authentic than the large-scale festivities in Rio. Salvador is the heart of African Brazil--it is the birthplace of Brazil's sugarcane industry and the first destination for African slaves in the New World.

Here are pictures from Carnival celebrations around the world.

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP