03 July 2006

fun times at the Nixon Lie-brary



this Sunday I kicked it at one of the the scariest places in Orange County: the Richard Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda, CA. I don't usually spend my weekends at GOP theme parks but I had to attend a classical music recital given in the auditorium. More pics here. Be sure to check out their bookstore featuring George W. Bush paper dolls and Abraham Lincoln action figures! (no joke)

on Saturday I attended an event that Dick Nixon would have most likely avoided if he were still alive and kicking. As a part of their "first Saturday" at the Santa Ana artist village, some 1980's-era Southern California punk bands played outdoor shows in front of the galleries which featured an exhibit of punk rock photography. The scene above is the impromptu mosh pit during Channel 3's set.

Being able to experience an outdoor show in the artist village was fantastic. It felt lively and authentic. Moshing in front of art galleries felt very non-Orange County. Hopefully they keep this up and feature other live acts during the summer. More pics here of the evening. I spotted our local OC celebrity Gustavo Arellano chilling outside Memphis Cafe. But I didn't snap his picture because I ain't no paparazzi.

UPDATE: Check out El Serracho's take on Saturday evening in Santa Ana. He stayed for all three bands and managed to leave the mosh pit unscathed.

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP