11 January 2007

say it loud (i'm a moron and i'm proud)

Earlier this month an Orange County bouncer was stabbed to death during a fight that resulted from an argument over whether the Army or Marines were the superior branch of the military. I gathered this was the most petty and inane motive for murder I had ever heard. Then I read this story:


ATMORE, Ala. – A man shot a friend when the two got into an argument over James Brown's height, police said. Dan Gulley Jr. was charged with assault in the shooting of David James Brooks Jr., police said.

Officers said the men were at a friend's home on Monday when, according to witnesses, the argument over the height of the late "Godfather of Soul" escalated, with Gulley, 70, shooting Brooks, 62, twice in the abdomen. Brooks went to his car, got a gun and shot at Gulley but missed, then went to the police station, officers said.


I imagine the conversation began something like this:



You've got to admire a man who is willing to kill for what he believes. I, for one, could never do such a thing. I'm not sure if that's because I don't like killing or I don't believe in anything. Either way, that makes me unAmerican and puts my masculinity into question.

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP