23 October 2007

but what about paris hilton's house?

socal-fires

This was taken from one of the region's many fine media establishments. They're always quick to point out the celebrity angle of any story, especially when the celebrities hate America.

Tart points out another fine example of excellence in wildfire media coverage. Then there was the local Fox affiliate was too obsessed with saluting the flag to properly cover the Santiago fire.

Amidst all this devastation I recalled something my good Senator said last month:

“The California National Guard has lost so much equipment as a result of the war in Iraq that, according to the Secretary of the Army, the Guard may lack the capability to respond to a large scale emergency such as a catastrophic earthquake or major flood. This is unacceptable. My amendment will help Congress get a more accurate picture of the Guard’s equipment shortages and needs so we can ensure we are fully prepared to respond to domestic emergencies. We must not wait for disaster to strike before we act.”

Doh! At least they're able to put out fires in Ramallah with all those large helicopters and airplanes.

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP