30 January 2006

mojito madness, church and the military-industrial complex

I'm a king without a crown hanging loose in a big town
But I'm the king of bongo baby I'm the king of bongo bong

-- Manu Chao

Saturday evening mi esposa and I sipped delicious mojitos with El Serracho and his crew. In addition to enjoying the faux-Cuban yet chill atmosphere of Habana with friends, I picked up the latest copy of the local rag which features the 61 Best Latin American Restaurants of OC. I will definitely be checking these places out during the year.

. . .

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early to go to Catholic mass (please don't ask me why I had to go). Instead of giving an "inspired" sermon, the priest spoke about the church budget and how the sexual molestation scandals were now "behind us". Umm, yeah sure.

. . .

In the afternoon, my uncle and I watched the film Why We Fight.

I highly recommend it.

Whereas Fahrenheit 9/11 clearly had the feeling of a propaganda film, Why We Fight was more straightforward in it's documentary style. You know how Michael Moore always puts himself in his own movies? Well, documentarian Eugene Jarecki was absent from this film, and it was a positive move.

Jarecki traces the historical development of the military-industrial complex beginning with the massive militarization of the Unite

About

I guess you could say this is the "Original Pime". I stopped blogging here regularly in May 2008 (if you don't count the B-Sides diversion - yes it gets confusing) when I joined the Tumblr revolution. Going forward bravely into 2009, this site will serve to house any large image work I produce.

Peace out.
Agi
1/3/2009

Archive

My Other Blogs

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP